Sunday, May 8, 2011

I'm in love!

I'm finally getting back to blogging. I took the semester off, I'll pretend that was on purpose. Although, there was not a lot of things that happened that I could have blogged about. It was a busy semester. I now have one more semester of classes then I student teach. YAY! I'm almost done. I can really see the end and it's very exciting.
Hopefully I will be better at blogging this summer, there is going to be a lot of things to tell about. I get an awesome opportunity of being in Hawaii until July and stay with Aubree's (my coolest oldest sister's) family. I got here on Wednesday and that afternoon we all went to the pool. The suns warmth was a welcomed feeling. What a great to start on my tan. I'm already in love with Hawaii.


 
Unfortunately the sun did not last long; it has not stopped raining since we left the pool. The storms have been amazing though. My niece Madi got pawned off on me one night that the thunder and lightening got so bad and scared her. It's a good thing I love her because she was draped all over me that night as she slept. 

Despite the rain we still have had some fun adventures. We went up to the North Shore and spent a few hours there. Yes it did rain and yes we stayed through it all. 
We wish that we would have had snorkeling gear because there were some great fish.
My nieces and nephew

Like I said we stayed despite the rain.

We were also able to go to Kaena Point State Park

This was our destination. If you were to look at Oahu then this is the North point that we hiked to from the north western side. No one is allowed to drive to this point so the only way to see it is by hiking or by boat.

Our hike was beautiful


Just the girls

Had to stop and take in the scenery
Saw a couple Monk Seals. They are so much cuter when they are swimming
I'm sure after a while this seal was wondering who we were, but starting doing tricks for us and swimming on its back. It was great fun to watch. 
The water is so gorgeous here and perfect to play in. I have the traveling bug and I'm sure it will never go away. I need to have a job that will allow me to travel everywhere. At least  I will never have to work summers. I will at least have the time to travel. 
Luckily, I have two months of this so there will be so much more to come.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh, Callie, rain or no rain you're in HAWAII! I am so jealous right now. Be glad I have a baby Kaden, or I'd probably be hopping the next flight to crash there, too. I'm glad you're having a good time so far!