Monday, May 30, 2011

As May comes to a close

I have been enjoying my time here with my nieces and nephew. They are so much fun. We went to the beach hoping for a great sunset but the clouds rolled in. So instead of watching a sunset we played around the rocks and crawled into just about anything we could.


 Some glamour shots. :) J/K

 I love this. Madi step into the red dirt not realizing how wet the dirt actually was. It was like clay, very entertaining to play with.

For memorial weekend we went with Lindon as he had the opportunity to go the Punchbowl which is in an inactive volcano and where the lives of those that have served our beautiful county rest. 

 See how cute he is. He is getting so big.

Lindon's job was to put lais on all the graves. The lais were so pretty and smelled fantastic.

Of course, here is Madi with the boys from the ward having the time of her life. Her parents are going to have to watch her. 

 We went to the Waikiki aquarium, it was not very big but it did have some fun fish. The seahorse. I have never actually seen one until now.

 I don't know what fish this one is but it sure looks cool.
 

I love the beach. Getting tan and reading and lets face it, lots of people watching.
This month has been so much fun. The great thing is is that I have another month here and then I get to spend a couple weeks in ML where I get to see other family and friends. I'm already missing the beach and the flea market. Speaking of which, I went to the Aloha Stadium flea market this weekend. That was pretty much awesome. We spent 4 hours there and found some great stuff. One of my favorite purchases was a wonder skirt. (look up magic or wonder skirt on YouTube) Apparently these skirts can be worn in about 100 different ways. Skirts, dresses and even cardigan style. It's awesome.


No comments: