Sunday, May 15, 2011

Adventures


A great thing about visiting family on vacation is that most of what I get to do is not where most of the tourist are. Although, this week I decided that one area I wanted to see was Waikiki. So I took 'TheBus' there and spent the afternoon just laying in the sun, people watching (I will never understand way old women feel the need to wear thongs and old men banana hammocks)  and meandering around town just to see what Waikiki had to offer. One place that I stumbled upon was the International Market Place. Now I love to barter, I find it to be very hilarious just to see what the vendors will do. Mexico got me hooked to this. Most of the people were selling the same thing and I found the pendent pictured below. I loved this and most people wanted on average about 50 to over a hundred depending on the size. With my bartering skills I had the lady thinking I really wanted this. I was not about to pay 75 bucks for something that I'm not guaranteed to be real. After much bartering and walking away I paid 20 bucks. I'm very proud of myself. Real or Fake it was a good deal.


I also found this dress. SO CUTE! I loved it. I had seen things like this dress all over but this one actually covered everything it's supposed to, I could not pass it up.

The sun and I were good friends that day and I came back to the house with some real color, I'm no longer  so pasty white. It made for a great day at Waikiki.  



Bellows Air Force Station Beach

With my brother in law being in the military we can get into things for cheaper and into areas the general public cannot. It's pretty great. Bellows was gorgeous and there were not millions of people with us which gave us plenty of room for boogie boarding.



My sister Aubree and I. See how not pasty I am?

I love that this is the type of view that I get from driving around. I am never going to want to leave.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

It looks like so much fun.

Katie said...

It looks AMAZING!